Saturday, October 1, 2011

MOFO Time!

Not off to the greatest start- it's cold, rainy and dark- and I didn't have time to go pick up my new camera today.  Like the camera is really gonna help my photography skills :)

Anyway, I have decided on a theme for this month and it is Vegan Inspiration. People, cookbooks, recipes, and products that inspire me. Hopefully you will find some new things here that will inspire you too! I'll be posting every day this month with pics, recipes, etc....

And to start if off:




An army of ice cream cone cup cakes in Halloween colors. These are mini cones filled with chocolate batter and and orange "butter"cream icing. I adapted the icing recipe from my mom's notes when she used to decorate cakes ( 40 years ago).
And here it is: 

Wedding Frosting

¼ cup EB
¾ cup shortening
1 lb powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup almond milk

Beat 5-10 minutes in stand mixer. This is perfect for decorating- not too thick and not too sweet.

6 comments:

  1. Oh these look amazing, I LOVE them.
    Happy MoFo'ing.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the photos, can't wait to see what they will look like with your new camera as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through Vegan Mofo (I'm Mary of ThisIsVegan.com) - this is the most adorable idea ever! Can't wait to make it for my upcoming Halloween party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so adorable! I make them for my kids, but never so color coordinated. Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the support! I hope I can make it through the whole month :)
    Mary, I've been reading your blog ever since I found your Napolitanke recipe- still haven't tried to make it but it's on my list!

    ReplyDelete