Sunday, October 16, 2011

Inspired by ....Tami

Do you read this blog?  veganappetite.com
Or have this book?  americanvegankitchen

Well if you don't you really have no idea what you are missing! If you are craving comfort food then look no further. Tami has taken comfort food to the max! Fried Avocado Wedges? Genius! And the Coconut Bacon Bits are seriously addictive. 

I was lucky to get to meet Tami after I started testing for the book. (I had to drop out due to family health issues, but it was a great experience). As it turns out I now live on the same street that Tami grew up on! She and her husband came to the farmer's market and we got to chat for a few minutes- she is such a sweetheart! One of the nicest people you will ever meet. She even blogged about my lemon meringue tarts- how cool is that? http://www.veganappetite.com/2009/10/terra-bakery-all-kinds-of-wonderful.html

Now I like my sweets, but I try to balance it out with oil free recipes. Some of these are easily adaptable and are absolutely delicious. Black Bean Soup, Baked Beans, Cheezy Mac & Greens all can be made with little/no oil. 
 
From breakfast waffles to soups, salads, sandwiches, main dishes and desserts you have everything here to put together great family style meal. But don't take my word for it- get the book.


She is also working on two new books- one for grilling and a sandwich book. Looks like I need to get a grill soon- Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment