Friday, October 7, 2011

Mofo Day 7- Scramble and Salad

Inspired by ... coming tomorrow 
Today I have my basic tofu pinto bean scramble and my chickpea caesar salad.

First, the scramble: 
Am I the only one who gets cold hands from crumbling the tofu? So I took a page from the omni book and made pulled tofu- with a fork- no cold hands!   

Crumbled tofu with the scramble spice added





Pintos mashed with garlic salt and a little water


 All mashed together and ready to eat! Simple but delicious. One package of firm tofu and one can of pintos gets 3 single breakfast meals. The leftovers are good either hot or cold.

And next up: Caraway Chickpea Caesar Salad 

You heard me! The first time I made the Caesar Chavez dressing from Appetite for Reduction I made rye bread croutons and they were soooooo good! I didn't have any rye bread left but wanted the flavor of the croutons so I roasted some chickpeas with caraway seeds, tossed with the Caesar dressing and chunks of avocado and sliced black olives for an amazing salad. 

See? 


No comments:

Post a Comment