Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Inspired by....Isa

When I first went veg over 4 years ago- my first vegan cookbook was Vegan With a Vengeance by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. The variety of recipes was fascinating and exciting! My copy of the cookbook is stained and tattered. I have notations on many pages, and I've altered some of the recipes but it is the book that opened my eyes to the possibilities of vegan food. Yes Isa, I have all your other books too.. but VWaV will always have a place in my heart. 

Ginger Raisin Bran Muffins- with no ginger -nutmeg instead and half raisin half dried cranberries and sunflower seeds for crunch.

The Best Pumpkin Muffins- no changes! This was the perfect title for a perfect recipe.

Sparkled Ginger Cookies (on the right)

Big Gigantoid Crunchy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies. Made me a PB cookie believer.      
 Some other favorites from the book are the Black Bean, Mushroom and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers and the  Chickpea Broccoli Casserole.

1 comment:

  1. I love Vegan With A Vengeance. The sparkled ginger cookies are some of my favourite cookies ever and I love the pumpkin muffins, who wouldn't? They're the best!

    ReplyDelete