Sunday, February 26, 2012

Vegan lentil "sausage" recipe

Made the lentils again yesterday and wrote down the ingredient amounts. The spice mix is for 2 cups of cooked lentils. 

1 clove garlic, minced. 
Saute this in a little water for 30 seconds. Add lentils to pan and stir. Add spice mix and heat through.


 Italian spice mix:

1/2 tsp fennel seed
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp italian seasoning
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp tomato powder (ground sun dried tomatoes)
pinch smoked paprika
pinch of ground fennel powder (or more to taste) 

And since this is an unprocessed whole food delicious recipe - I sent it in to the new blog party here: Healthy Vegan Fridays
Head on over and see what else is cookin'!





6 comments:

  1. Looks delicious- vegan alternatives are definitely all about the spices!

    Any chance you can put a link to Healthy Vegan Fridays on your post? That would be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabby~
      Link is now up. Looking forward to the next round!

      Delete
  2. Wow, this sounds terrific! Will have to give this mix a go perhaps with brunch this weekend. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rikki!

      I hope you enjoy it. I've been following you and the girls for years. They always make me smile. I miss my girl so much I named my bakery after her :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the idea! I was looking for a lentil sausage alternative, and so I used your recipe as a guideline. I was amazed how sausage-like it really was! If you're interested, here's the lentil "coney dog" I made using your recipe: http://twoladiesandaladle.blogspot.com/2012/09/alinas-healthy-lentil-coneys.html

    Thanks again for the great recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delish! I love serious eats ~ they have such interesting ideas. Glad you enjoyed the recipe! Looks like you use my two favorite ingredients alot - lentils and avocados ~ Yum!

    ReplyDelete